2020 LAKE HOST PROGRAM
COVID-19 Update: Great news! Our Lake Host Inspectors are classified as essential workers under the Governor’s emergency orders. Our lakes must continue to be protected from the spread of invasive species, especially this summer as we know boaters will be more excited than ever to get out onto our lakes!
Lake Hosts work at boat ramps throughout the state, checking boats for hitchhiking aquatic invasive species, and teaching people about the Clean, Drain, & Dry method to keep invasive plants and animals out of our lakes. Each summer, approximately 400 volunteers and 300 employees are trained to work as Lake Host Inspectors.
Grant funds and locally-contributed funds are allocated to Lake Host Employee paychecks. You can add MORE Lake Host coverage to your favorite lake by making a tax-deductible donation today through Lake Host Charitable Giving! To donate, click here.
2020 Lake Host Payroll Grant Applications
The deadline for submitting Lake Host Payroll Grant Applications has passed. If your group missed applying for the 2020 program, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603.226.0299.
Working or volunteering as a Lake Host is a fun way to get outdoors, meet others in your community, and help protect lakes from aquatic invasive species. Become a Lake Host and make a difference in your community!
Documents for Local Coordinators
Local Coordinators must complete the Lake Host Employee Hire Referral Form to begin the remote hiring process for 2020. Completion of this form is required and replaces the in-person submitting process of employment forms.
- Lake Host Hiring Request Form (online) – NEW!
- Lake Host Program Material Order Form (online) – NEW!
- Local Coordinator Agreement
- Terms of Participation
- Local Coordinator COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
Documents for Employees
Documents for Volunteers
- Volunteer Information Form (PDF)
- Volunteer Information Form (online)
- Volunteer Time/Match Sheet (PDF)
Resources and Training Information
NH LAKES provides training, uniforms, and materials for all participating local groups.
Boater Survey Resources
- Boater Survey Paper Sheet (PDF)
- Boater Survey Field App
- Boater Survey Field App Results Dashboard
- Boater Survey Field App Tutorial
- Boater Survey Data Entry Spreadsheet
- Suspicious Specimen Photo Submission Form
- 2020 New Hampshire Fishing Tournament Schedule
- Self-Screening Form for Employees & Volunteers (online)
- Self Screening Form for Employees & Volunteers (PDF)
- Lake Host COVID-19 Prevention Measures
- How to Protect Yourself and Others
- Use of Cloth Face Coverings & Mask Making Tutorials
Registration is required for all training sessions.