NH LAKES would not be able to function without the help of volunteers. Opportunities exist year-round to volunteer from your home, in Concord, or at a project or event site, for whatever amount of time you can give. There are once-a-year as well as on-going opportunities to volunteer. Volunteer Opportunities include assisting with mailings, events, education programs, grassroots advocacy and outreach, and much more! For more information, call (603) 226-0299, or e-mail us.
NH LAKES has internship opportunities available on a year-round basis in all facets of our work. Internships can be tailored to suit your needs and interests while fulfilling the requirements of academic institutions. Internships can also be tailored to individuals seeking career changes. If you are interested in an internship opportunity, e-mail us and explain your interests, availability, and requirements.
Part time, 24 hours per week. Expected start date January 1, 2018.
NH LAKES currently seeks an Advocacy Program Coordinator to help further develop and to implement its Advocacy Program. NH LAKES is in the process of expanding its presence in the New Hampshire Legislature and expanding its services to local partners working at each lake and at the community level. NH LAKES has an energetic work environment which relies on creativity, communication, and collaboration.
The Advocacy Program Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the President of NH LAKES with the implementation and ongoing development of the organization’s Public Policy and Advocacy Program.
Major Programmatic Responsibilities
- Develop, coordinate, and cooperatively implement the legislative strategy of NH LAKES
- Develop, coordinate, and cooperatively implement NH LAKES grassroots advocacy program
- Develop and cooperatively implement the local, community-based Advocacy Program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse membership and constituency throughout New Hampshire
- Ability to develop and make effective and dynamic presentations
- Superior written, verbal, email, attention to detail, and telephone communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office and G Suite (Google Apps)
- Strong organizational skills, an attention to detail, and an ability to handle shifting priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree in an area directly supportive of the NH LAKES Advocacy Program
- At least 3 years of work experience in a field related to the mission of NH LAKES
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable automobile
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and responsibility of this position
No phone calls please. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Advocacy Program Coordinator in the subject line. Applicant review begins November 1.
If you are interested in a career opportunity with NH LAKES, you are welcome to forward your resume for future consideration. Submit your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.