Is your group looking for a way to foster the next generation of lake stewards in your community? If “yes” consider bring the Watershed Warrior Program to your next association family-friendly event, community festival, or local school or summer camp!
The NH LAKES Watershed Warrior program is designed for youth and their families to “take action” to keep lakes and watersheds healthy. Traveling through the stations of the Watershed Warrior activity circuit, participants experience hands-on fun while learning about lake ecology and simple everyday things that people can do to help keep lakes healthy. At the end of the circuit, participants have the opportunity to become a “Watershed Warrior” by pledging to incorporate at least one lake-friendly practice into their daily routine. All Watershed Warriors earn a multicolored patch and certificate.
“The materials are good and user friendly. Love the take action section – great for kids.” – Sue, Eastman Lakes & Streams Committee
NH LAKES thanks the Dorr Foundation for their support of this program.
Watershed Warrior Activity Stations
- Station 1: How do lakes form?
- Station 2: How does water move around?
- Station 3: Reduce watershed runoff and pollution!
- Station 4: Prevent the spread of the invasives!
- Station 5: Take the Watershed Warrior Pledge!
You can bring this program to your community in one of the following ways:
- Option 1: Schedule NH LAKES staff to help host the activity circuit at your community event – click here.
- Option 2: Borrow the complete activity station circuit kit from NH LAKES and recruit volunteers from your group to run stations – click here. (NH LAKES provides training and the kit comes complete with all materials and simple instructions to run each station.)
- Option 3: Make your own complete activity station kit and host events in your community – click here. (NH LAKES will provide training, all instructions and some materials.)
Submit your request to bring the Watershed Warrior activity circuit to your community – click here to submit your request.
For additional information, contact NH LAKES at email@example.com.