2015 Lakes Congress: “Best Lakes Congress ever!”
Lakes Congress 2015: What a spectacular—almost surreal—way to kick off summer! On May 28 and 29, NH LAKES hosted the 22nd annual Lakes Congress on Lake Winnipesaukee in Meredith. The weather—sunny, clear blue skies—and the setting at Church Landing—just a stone’s throw away from beautiful Meredith Bay—couldn’t have been better. Many attendees commented that this year’s event was the “best Lakes Congress ever!”
But what really made the event spectacular were the people—all 155 individuals—who gathered together over the two-day event to build their skills in educating, advocating, and organizing to help manage and protect their favorite lake, and all our 1,000 lakes in New Hampshire.
While this year’s Lakes Congress drew many long-time attendees, it attracted several new participants. One first-timer commented, “There was a certain buzz in the room before the event started. My take away is that these are all like-minded folks who relish the opportunity to spend time with each other and learn about something they care deeply about. This may be the one time a year that they have this experience.”
Another first-time participant commented, “While it was my first Lakes Congress, I was impressed with the all-day presentation by Eric Eckl of Water Words That Work. I have already modified our webpage based on his expertise. I was developing a page to present this summer’s E.coli test results and I totally rearranged the page based on his input.”
If you missed this the 2015 Lakes Congress—or even if you didn’t and just weren’t able to get to all the sessions that you wanted to—you can view most of the presentations given during the event by viewing the links provided below.
- See the presentations
- Thursday Evening Session:
- Session IA: Weed Watcher Methods & Looking for More
- Session IB: NH LAKES Advocacy Priorities & Strategies
- Session IC: Your Lake Association: 501(c)(3) – ‘To Be or Not to Be’ & More
- Session IIA: Defend Your Lake: Learn to Lake Host
- Session IIB: Become an Effective Lake Advocate
- Session IIIB: The New Clean Water Rule: What it Means to Your Lake
- Session IIIC: Host a Watershed Warriors Event in Your Community!
- A special thanks to our 2015 Lakes Congress sponsors!
- And a special thanks to our 2015 Lakes Congress exhibitors!
- AB Aquatics, Inc.
- Ambrose Marine Construction
- Aqualogic, Inc.
- Granite State Conservation Partnership/National Wildlife Foundation
- GZA GeoEnvironmental
- Milfoil Extractors, LLC
- NH Conservation Real Estate
- NH Fish & Game Department
- Squam River Landing
- Lake Winnipesaukee Association
- Loon Preservation Committee
- UNH Cooperative Extension Forest Stewardship Program