NH LAKES hosts its annual Lakes Congress each spring. During this all-day educational, training, and networking event, lake and other natural resource stewards, lake management professionals, lake-related business leaders, and municipal and political leaders exchange information, ideas and experiences, and introduce new approaches to help manage and protect our lakes.
Thursday, June 2 & Friday, June 3, 2016
Church Landing at Mills Falls, Meredith, NH
The event was a spectacular success!
At the 2016 Lakes Congress —our 23rd annual educational and networking event—presented by Grappone Automotive Group we provided participants with opportunities to gain knowledge and skills to educate, advocate, and organize to protect water resources, a deeper understanding of their personal connection to water, and inspiration to help others tune into the ‘Blue Mind’ mindset. Approximately 250 individuals attended the event over the two days.
Thank you to our Featured Presenters!
- Hans Hug, Jr, diver and underwater historian, kicked off Lakes Congress on the evening of Thursday, June 2, with his “What Lies Beneath Lake Winnipesaukee?” presentation. The more than 140 individuals in attendance were fascinated by his many discoveries exploring the Big Lake.
- Céline Cousteau, storyteller, creative, president of CauseCentric Productions, founder of her namesake Film Fellowship, and granddaughter of the legendary underwater explorer and filmmaker Jacques Cousteau, presented the keynote address on June 3. Based, in part, on the NY Times bestseller Blue Mind, Celine shared compelling personal stories while exploring the cognitive, emotional, psychological, social and spiritual benefits of healthy water and illustrating the crucial importance of maintaining our deep connection to the world’s largest resource.
- Eric Eckl—2015 Lakes Congress plenary and workshop presenter—and his team at Water Words That Work provided two highly sought-after communications trainings.
- New Hampshire State Representative Suzanne Smith presented the proclamation made by Governor Hassan declaring June 2016 as “Aquatic Invasive Species Awareness Month.”
Thank you to our Sponsors & Exhibitors!
- Grappone Automotive Group
- The Jack and Dorothy Byrne Foundation
- The Lovett-Woodsum Foundation
- AB Aquatics, Inc.
- Aqualogic, Inc.
- BCM Environmental & Land Law, PLLC
- Bridge & Byron Printers
- Cormack Construction Management
- FB Environmental
- Lake Winnipesaukee Association
- Meredith Village Savings Bank
- New Hampshire Fish & Game Department
- New Hampshire Rivers Council
- Plymouth State University Center for the Environment
- Outdoor ESCAPES New Hampshire
- Speedy Printing & Copying
- Squam River Landing
- The Loon Preservation Committee
See the Presentations!
- 10:00 – 10: 50 a.m. Concurrent Workshop Session I
F. The Floating Classroom Field Trip #1 – no transcript available
- 11:00 – 12:00 p.m. Concurrent Workshop Session II
- 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. Concurrent Workshop Session III
C. Soak Up the Rain NH: Prevent Runoff Pollution in Your Community! – presentation coming soon!
D. Lake Associations in the Trenches: Membership Challenges & Successes – no transcript available
F. The Floating Classroom Field Trip #2 – no transcript available