The 2017 Lakes Congress, brought to you by Grappone Automotive Group, and hosted by NH LAKES, held on Thursday, June 1, and Friday, June 2, was a tremendous success! Over the two-day event, 222 individuals – lake enthusiasts, lake/natural resource stewards and managers, lake-related business leaders, and municipal and political leaders – came together at the Inn at Church Landing overlooking Meredith Bay to celebrate our lakes and to exchange information, ideas and experiences, and to introduce new approaches to help manage and protect our lakes. Most of the presentations given can be viewed below.
Our 24th annual education, training, and networking event, featured guest presenter Ron Guilmette, avid kayaker and author of The Islands of Winnipesaukee on the evening of Thursday, June 1, and keynote presenter Dr. Wallace ‘J.’ Nichols, author of New York Times Bestseller Blue Mind, on Friday, June 2.
Thursday, June 1 & Friday, June 2, 2017
Church Landing at Mills Falls, Meredith, NH
Check out the photos!
View the Presentations from Friday, June 2:
Workshop Session I (10:00 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.)
- Track A: Water Words That Work: Combat Communications for Conservationists
- Track B: Things to Keep in Mind when Insuring Your Lake Association
- Track C: Herbicides for Aquatic Invasive Species Plant Management
- Track D: Wildlife Conflicts – Ducks, Geese and Beavers, Oh My
- Track E: Watershed Based Planning in NH – It’s not just for the one percent!
Workshop Session II (11:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon)
- Track B: What Every Lake Association Needs to Know About Financial Reporting
- Track C: Running an Effective Volunteer-Based Invasive Plant Harvesting Program
- Track D: Runoff Water Management in a Changing Climate
- Track E: A Ditch in Time – Maintaining Unpaved Roads to Enhance Water Quality
Workshop Session III (1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.)
- Track A: NH Lives on Water – What is Our Water Worth
- Track B: What Every Lake Association Needs to Know About Membership Communication
- Track C: Preventing the Spread of Invasive Animals in the Northeast with Watercraft Inspection and Decontamination Programs – presentation coming soon!
- Track D: Monitoring, Documenting & Preventing Cyanobacteria – How you can help!
- Track E: Landscaping by the Waters Edge
Thank you to our 2017 Sponsors!
- Presenting Sponsor: Grappone Automotive Group
- Winnipesaukee Ballroom Sponsors:
- The Jack & Dorothy Byrne Foundation
- Lovett-Woodsum Family Fund at the Boston Foundation
- Classroom/Print Sponsor:
- Print Sponsor:
- AB Aquatics
- Allen Insurance and Financial
- Belknap Landscape Company, Inc.
- Cormack Construction Management, Inc.
- Grappone Automotive Group
- Lake Winnipesaukee Association
- Loon Preservation Committee
- New Hampshire Association of Conservation Commissions
- New Hampshire Rivers Council
- Rural Home Technology
- SOLitude Lake Management
- Squam River Landing
- US Department of Agriculture
Check out our previous Lakes Congress events!