Lake Explorer Quest
NH LAKES invites you to get out and explore New Hampshire’s lakes and ponds by paddling through our Lake Explorer Quest Program. Document your explorations with us and become an official Lake Explorer.
Have fun while creating wonderful memories—it’s easy and fun!
Where to paddle?
Through the Lake Explorer Quest, paddle any lake (or pond) of your choice in New Hampshire that is open for public access. For the list of New Hampshire Department of Fish and Game public access sites, click here.
To Become a Lake Explorer:
- Explore three New Hampshire lakes (or ponds) by canoe, kayak, paddleboard, or other paddle boat.
- Before and after paddling, implement the Clean, Drain & Dry method to prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species.
- Practice paddling safety while on your excursion.
- Document your visits on the official Lake Explorer Request Form.
- to download, click here
- to submit your information online click here.
- Once you have explored three lakes (or ponds), forward your completed form to NH LAKESby email at email@example.com or mail to: NH LAKES, 17 Chenell Drive, Suite One, Concord, NH 03301.
Connect with nature!
Spending time in nature increases our connection to it, which in turn, increases our desire to care for and protect our natural world. Studies have shown that many children are experiencing a ‘nature deficit’ which can have negative effects on physical and mental development. Children who spend time outdoors are healthier and more creative, have better concentration, and get better grades. Plus, paddling is a fun way to get exercise for everyone!
NH LAKES thanks the Dorr Foundation for supporting this program.